What are Coordinates?
- Coordinates are a set of values that show an exact position on earth.
- On maps and graphs it is common to have a pair of numbers to show where a point is: the first number shows the distance along and the second number shows the distance up or down.
What Type of Coordinates are used by Coordinates Collection?:
- At Coordinates Collection we use a version of the 2D geographical coordinates, that uses decimal degrees to pinpoint N, S, E and W
- Decimal Degrees: 40.446° N 79.982° W
- When I used google to look up my coordinates I have more numbers that you show? Why is that?
- Some of the different GPS search tools use the degree, minutes, seconds format
- Degrees Minutes Seconds: 40° 26′ 46″ N 79° 58′ 56″ W
- Degrees Decimal Minutes: 40° 26.767′ N 79° 58.933′ W
- Does the location change by using a different format?
- The location does not change only the formatting is modified, numbers could be rounded up or down to fit the Coordinates Collection format.
- If I copy and paste my coordinates using a different format are you able to make my item with those coordinates?
- Due to space limitations and keeping with the aesthetic look of our custom pieces we are only able to engrave coordinates using the decimal degree format.
- How can I ensure that the coordinates on my piece are correct?
- The best practice to insure your custom made jewelry has the correct coordinates is to use the tool we provide on our website.
- When you receive your order confirmation email, please verify that all the information on your custom order is correct. If there is any correction needed please notify customer service at [email protected] and we will gladly update your order.
- Why does your website coordinates differ from map searches?
- There are several different applications that provide coordinates using different formats. Depending on which application you are using your coordinates will vary in format style.
- The application that is used on the Coordinates Collection website is powered by Google Maps