What are Coordinates?
- Coordinates are a set of values that show an exact position on earth.
- On maps and graphs it is common to have a pair of numbers to show where a point is: the first number shows the distance along and the second number shows the distance up or down.
What Type of Coordinates are used by Coordinates Collection?:
- At Coordinates Collection we use a version of the 2D geographical coordinates, that uses decimal degrees to pinpoint N, S, E and W
- Decimal Degrees: 40.446° N 79.982° W
- When I used google to look up my coordinates I have more numbers that you show? Why is that?
- Some of the different GPS search tools use the degree, minutes, seconds format
- Degrees Minutes Seconds: 40° 26′ 46″ N 79° 58′ 56″ W
- Degrees Decimal Minutes: 40° 26.767′ N 79° 58.933′ W
- Does the location change by using a different format?
- The location does not change only the formatting is modified, numbers could be rounded up or down to fit the Coordinates Collection format.
- If I copy and paste my coordinates using a different format are you able to make my item with those coordinates?
- Due to space limitations and keeping with the aesthetic look of our custom pieces we are only able to engrave coordinates using the decimal degree format.
- How can I ensure that the coordinates on my piece are correct?
- The best practice to insure your custom made jewelry has the correct coordinates is to use the tool we provide on our website.
- When you receive your order confirmation email, please verify that all the information on your custom order is correct. If there is any correction needed please notify customer service at email@example.com and we will gladly update your order.
- Why does your website coordinates differ from map searches?
- There are several different applications that provide coordinates using different formats. Depending on which application you are using your coordinates will vary in format style.
- The application that is used on the Coordinates Collection website is powered by Google Maps